National Infertility Awareness Week 2021
Here at Alto we’re proud to support RESOLVE and National Infertility Awareness Week 2021. This annual week of education and events seeks to increase awareness and acceptance of a disease often misunderstood. The truth is, infertility can affect anyone, regardless of age, race or gender.
If you are struggling with infertility, know that you are not alone. Alto’s dedicated fertility pharmacy team is here to support you. Together with RESOLVE we aim to reduce the stigma around infertility and increase awareness of available family building resources.
The Staggering Stats
Infertility is defined as the inability to get pregnant after twelve months or more of unprotected sex. It’s often assumed to only affect women, but let's take a look at some of the surprising truths of infertility:
- Infertility is a centuries-old issue.
- Studies suggest that Black women are twice as likely to face infertility as white women.
- One-third of infertility cases stem from male factors — including low sperm production, chronic health problems, and lifestyle choices.
- Approximately 25% of infertile couples have more than one contributing cause.
Infertility Support Resources
Knowing where to begin when exploring family building options can feel overwhelming. Consider finding a support group and learning about other’s journeys. Every path is unique but a solid support system is equally beneficial.
- A Guide to LGBTQ+ Family Building
- Fertility Acronyms, Explained
- Fertility Patient Story: Tiffany Shares Her Experience with Alto
- IVF & Egg Freezing: What to Expect and How to Prepare
- Rev. Dr. Stacey L. Edwards-Dunn on Her Mission To Improve Black Fertility Care
- What to Consider When Selecting a Fertility Pharmacy
Your Choice of Fertility Pharmacy Matters
We are committed to providing exceptional fertility pharmacy care and doing our part to reduce the stigma around infertility. Our dedicated fertility pharmacy team understands the concerns of those affected by infertility. We've supported over 50,000 fertility patients with their medication needs, providing personalized support and cost-effective access to prescriptions that are key to treatment plans.
We work tirelessly behind-the-scenes to provide a better pharmacy experience, with pharmacist-led injection training, thoughtfully packaged supplies and ancillaries, insurance benefits coordination, and financing support.
Choosing the right fertility pharmacy can make all the difference. Learn more about our individualized approach and commitment to providing exceptional fertility pharmacy care.